Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Clearing the Air

What's up everybody I'm back after a few days of taking care of other things. When I started this blog I didn't want to just stay on one subject because my mind jumps around too much and I would get bored so I chose to keep it just what it is Real Talk. So recently life has had its ups and downs as it does but one thing was different. I came to a realization about myself, not that Im even more handsome than I thought, I always knew that, but seriously I realized that Im not truly at peace with myself. I feel like if you cant help yourself what can you do for others? In order to truly help yourself it's not about capturing a goal or a possession or a person, it's about being at peace with yourself. We all do things that we're not happy with ourselves about and too many times we ignore them or push them aside as to not deal with them in an effort to heal for the moment, but in all actuality the more we brush in the corner the bigger that corner becomes and then one day we look up and see we've cornered ourselves with this issue(s). Im not getting all religious here either while I do believe in God I think the last time I went to church was when my son was christened, 3 years ago, definitely nothing to be proud of but thats the truth. Being a parent I realize it's not about me more than it is about my child that was never an issue but at the same time I have to be at peace with myself so I can pass that on to him. I want to accept the things I cant change and begin to change the things I can. Sounds like some 12 step program but maybe it is a 12 step program to peace with myself I can deal with that. This is something that I wish for everyone no matter what the issue is even if your the only one who knows don't be afraid to take that step in the right direction the good feeling you get starts after you do. Well I just wanted to share that with you all and as my chunky face little boy walks in from his nap with a smile I've gotta go. This your boy Eddie "E_SLIM" Matthews signing off for today reminding ya'll to Keep It Real, especially with yourself, later ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment